The redcycle soft plastics recycling service is now available in Coles and Woolworths supermarkets across Tasmania.
Here are some examples of the soft plastics that can be dropped off at the special redcycle recycling bins at the supermarkets:
- Plastic bags
- Bread bags (ties and tags removed)
- Foil lined chip packets
- Frozen food and veggie bags
- Confectionery bags
- Cereal box liner bags
- Old ‘green’ reusable shopping bags
- Rice and pasta packets
- Plastic wrap from the outside of toilet paper and paper towels
- Large pieces of plastic that furniture comes wrapped in (cut in to A3 sized pieces).
For a full list of currently accepted soft plastic items, visit the redcycle website.
Redcycle partners with Replas to supply recycled plastics that are used to make a wide range of products from bench seats to bollards, fencing, signs and much more.