MEANDER VALLEY COUNCIL
Member of: Northern Tasmanian Waste Management Group
Residential collection information
In the Meander Valley municipality:
- Garbage is collected weekly
- Recycling is collected fortnighlty
- In Blackstone Heights, where an organics collection occurs, all collections meaning organics, recycling and garbage occur fortnightly
Special collection services
Meander Valley Council offers the following special collection services:
- An annual hard waste collection in November – registration is required
- A mobile phone recycling collection (Mobile Muster) at the Council Offices (26 Lyall Street, Westbury), Deloraine Landfill site and Cluan Landfill site
- Recycle your used Nespresso Coffee Capsules (aluminium coffee capsules only). Drop off your used Nespresso capsules during Council operating hours (8.30am – 5.00pm) at the front counter of Council Offices (26 Lyall Street, Westbury). Visit the Council website here to find out more.
The Northern Tasmanian Waste Management Group has two Recycling Education Officers who visit schools, residents, community groups and businesses to provide advice and education about recycling, including in the Meander Valley council area. To find out more or to book a visit, contact the Northern Tasmanian Waste Management Group.